NV Technologies Fire & Security designs, installs and maintains fire and security protection equipment. We are hiring fire protection technician's for both our Green Bay and Madison regions.
Our teams experience in regulatory compliance have allowed our business to excel and specialize in code compliant life safety inspections and documentation. Our mission is to ensure our customers maintain an environment that is free from life safety code deficiencies.
We are looking for someone who shares this same mission to take care of our healthcare customers and provide them with timely and code compliance inspections.
Help save lives! Inspectors are responsible for conducting routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on life safety equipment such as, but not limited to, fire alarm, sprinkler, extinguisher, kitchen suppression and clean agent systems.
You will complete inspections at schools, hospitals, healthcare facilities, and other commercial buildings. You will be expected to follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule as well as input, retrieve, and archive inspection documents via laptop computer or other electronic devices. You will also make minor repairs and programming changes with minimal supervision. As a member of this team, you will be provided ongoing training and certifications.
Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Provide inspection, testing, and service for fire alarm equipment to comply with NFPA standards as well as state and local codes. Complete required documentation including deficiency repair recommendations.
- Follow and maintain highly structured inspection schedules.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed. Generate reports within NV Technologies Fire & Security tools and upload to city municipality websites.
- Perform minor service and deficiency repairs on all fire alarm system types.
- Complete service ticket documentation before leaving customer site.
- Provide instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections. Assist with training.
- Work overtime when needed.
- Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- Complete required training and certifications within the time requirements for this role.
- Maintain stock, tools, and equipment in vehicles.
- 1-2 years’ experience in low voltage electrical systems,
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Willing to travel out of town including overnight lodging.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work well with others. Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Successful completion of the Inspector Entrée Course (Electrical or Sprinkler).
- Demonstrates an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, programs Schematics and operational/product manuals.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience as a service technician preferred
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Must obtain NICET Fire Alarm Certification Level 1 within 12 months
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must have good customer-facing and customer service skills
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
***State Sprinkler Inspector License and State Cross Connection License Preferred
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Fire alarm: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: On the road